Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bible Reading Matthew 1-3 (Tuesday)

BOstan's favorite verse(s)


3:13-17


'Their Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, in order to be baptized by him. (14) But the latter tried to prevent him saying; "I am the one needing to be baptized by you, and are you coming to me?" (15) In reply Jesus said to him: "Let it be, this time, for in that way it is suitable for us to carry out all that is righteous." Then he quit preventing him. (16) After being baptized Jesus immediately came up from the water; and, look! the heavens were opened up and he saw descending like a dove God's spirit coming upon him. (17) Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: "This is my son, the beloved, whom i have approved."



Lain's Favorite verse(s)

3:10-11

10 Already the ax is lying at the root of the trees; every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I, for my part, baptize YOU with water because of YOUR repentance; but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment